Click here to view the OPT STEM EXTENSION UPDATES
In order to properly service our students we have designed the following advising hours. No appointment is necesarry.
|Walk in Advising hours:
Monday/Wednesday/Friday - 10:00AM-12:00PM
Tuesday/Thursday - 2:00PM-4:00PM
|OPT Review hours:
Thursday - 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, or 3:30pm
Friday - 10:00am, 10:30am, 11:00am, or 11:30
Meet Our Staff
We have six fulltime employees and five student workers. Please view our Directory for staff and administration details.
The mission of the International Student and Scholar Office is to provide information, services and programs that help international students and visiting scholars achieve their individual educational and personal goals and that foster an appreciation for a culturally diverse learning environment in the larger University community.
The ISSO provides support services and programs for international students and scholars in the following areas:
- Orientation to the University and the Charlotte community
- Individual counseling and advising
- Information and referral on issues related to academics, health, finances, housing, and campus programs
- Immigration advising and processing of documents
- Cross-cultural Programs
- Immigration based workshops & presentations
- Coordination of the Host Family Program
- Coordination of the Friendship & Culture exchange program
- Advising of the international student club
- Support to hiring departments of international scholars
- Tax assistance
For any international student or scholar who has a true emergency after hours, on weekends and when the university is closed, please dial the Campus Police at 704‑687‑2000. They will contact an ISSO staff member who will respond to the emergency.