Maintaining Your Immigration Status
- Keep passport valid for six months beyond expiration date
- Maintain full-time academic student status, which is a minimum of 12 hours for undergraduates; 9 hours for graduates or 6 hours with assistantship
- Obtain appropriate permission to work on or off campus
- Apply for program extension if more time is needed PRIOR to expiration of I-20 or DS-2019
- Keep local address up-to-date on 49er Express
- Follow procedures for transferring to another U.S. institution
- Complete Federal and State income tax forms for employment for the previous year
Please view our Handout on Maintenance of Academic and Immigration Status for more on your rights and responsibilities.
Below is a list of forms available for download. Please complete the form requested and either email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it by our office. Processing time is normally 5 business days so please allow sufficient time to complete your request.
- Letter of Invitation
- Enrollment Verification
- Academic Advisor Certification Form
- OPT Advisor Recommendation
- Authorization for Reduced Course Load
- Request for Program Extension