- To re-enter the U.S. after a temporary absence you must carry the following documents
- Valid and updated I-20 or DS-2019 with travel signature from ISSO staff within last year (6 months while on OPT)
- Valid passport (at least 6 months into the future)
- Valid U.S. visa* (some exceptions may apply for travel to Canada or Mexico)
- Current proof of financial support
- Unofficial transcript
- You will turn-in your I-94 card at the port of exit if you have one
- You can also print your I-94 here
Note: If your F1 visa has expired or if you’ve changed your status within the U.S., you will need to apply for one at a U.S. consulate outside the United States. At your interview, you will need to provide all of the information above as well as a letter of enrollment, which can be obtained online.
If you have any questions, please ask in the ISSO prior to your departure.
To travel within the U.S. you must carry:
- I-20 or DS-2019
*Photocopies of these documents would also suffice
*Print our your I-94 here
Use your @uncc.edu email account
The ISSO will notify all F1 and J1 students of any immigration-related reminders or updates by sending an email to his/her @uncc.edu email account. It is the student’s responsibility to read these emails if they want to have the latest, most accurate information.