Planning ahead is the key to making the process as smooth as possible. Please contact the ISSO anytime you are considering hiring a foreign national.
ISSO can assist you with:
- Wording of the Position Announcement as appropriate
- Determining the appropriate visa category to pursue
- Preparing the required government documents and filing the University’s petitions
- Knowing employer obligations for specific visa categories
- Understanding the visa application processing times
- Monitoring renewals, extensions, and changes of status
Department chairs or immediate supervising faculty should contact Maddy Baer, International Employment Coordinator in ISSO, regarding the visa application process. An overview of the employment criteria that may apply for certain non-residents can be seen by clicking here.