Get Face to FACE
The International Friendship & Culture Exchange Program (FACE) is an opportunity for American and International students to spend an hour together each week in interesting one-on-one conversation; sharing the ideas, customs and concerns of their own respective countries.
- You and your partner decide when to meet and what to talk on
- You will be matched with someone who shares similar interests and notified by email with details of your first meeting
- You will be provided with a list of great cross cultural conversation starters
Goals of Program
- Encourage open communication between international and U.S. American students
- Improve awareness and understanding of different cultures
- Provide international students at UNC Charlotte opportunity to improve speaking skills and exposure to U.S. Culture
What did you enjoy most about FACE?
- “Getting to learn about a different culture, it’s one thing to read about something, but when you actually talk to and form a friendship with someone from that culture, you get more information.”
- “I like the fact that I get to learn about another person and their culture, up close and personal, without leaving campus!”
- “Actually, I though it was going to be harder speaking English with someone who is learning the language, but it really wasn’t.”
How to apply
- Go to FACE online application
- Fill out application
- You are notified via your uncc.edu email account once you’ve been matched and informed when to meet your partner
If you have any questions or would like additional information, contact ISSO at 704‑687‑7781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Matching is done at the beginning of the Fall & Spring semester.