Covid-19 Information and Updates
The ISSO is committed to providing international students and scholars with the latest information surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic and how it impacts our office, the UNC-Charlotte campus and community, US government agencies, travel, and other matters of concern. We also have created a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page to address the most common issues associated with the situation. Lastly, we have assembled helpful links to outside resources. All of the information above can be found by clicking on the the following button:
ISSO Current Operating Procedures
Our office is open Monday - Friday 8 AM to 5 PM. All visitors to campus are expected to follow safe social distance guidelines including the '6 W's'.
Starting 8/2/2021, advising will be split between phone and in-person advising appointments; see the sign up schedule for details about whether a given session will be held in-person or over the phone. Use the links below to sign up for an upcoming appointment, or submit your question via email to email@example.com and allow up to 3 business days for a response.
Tuesday and Thursday: 2:00PM - 4:00PM (Sign up for an appt)
Wednesday - None
The ISSO Phone:
Application and Requests Processing:
Given the fluidity of the response to the global outbreak, we recommend that you keep the following in mind: if you intend to travel outside the U.S. please be aware of the various travel restrictions currently in place. To request a travel endorsement from the ISSO, please visit our Travel Page for instructions on how to request one at this time.
About the ISSO
The mission of the International Student and Scholar Office is to provide information, services and programs that help international students and visiting scholars achieve their individual educational and personal goals and that foster an appreciation for a culturally diverse learning environment in the larger University community.
The ISSO staff is dedicated to helping international students and scholars meet these goals. Learn more about our staff at our directory.
Read previous announcements here, in the Announcements Archive.
Health and Safety Emergency Contact Information
Please remember that the ISSO staff is here to support all international students and scholars at UNC Charlotte. For true health or safety emergencies, call Campus Police at 704-687-2200.
International Students Introduce UNC Charlotte!
Programs and Services
The ISSO provides numerous support services, programs and workshops to support the international student and scholar community:
- Orientation to the University and the Charlotte community
- Immigration advising and processing of documents
- Information and referral on issues related to academics, health, finances, housing and campus programs
- Cross-cultural Programs
- Immigration based workshops and presentations
- Coordination of Friendship & Culture Exchange Program
- Coordination of International Coffee Hour
- Coordination of Cultural Ambassador Program
- Coordination of International Student Graduate Reception
- Coordination of Visiting Scholar Reception
- Advising of the International Student Club
- Coordination of the Host Family Program
- Support to hiring departments of international students and scholars
- International tax support