F1 Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Via the Academic Department
Our office holds CPT workshops each semester, please see Our Calendar for upcomming sessions
Immigration regulations define CPT as training programs that are an integral part of an established curriculum; defined as alternate work/study, internship, cooperative education or any other type of required internship/practicum, which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school.
The ‘training’ may be required for a particular course but the course does not need to be a requirement of a particular program of study.
Who is eligible for CPT through the Academic Department?
If you fit either category below, your internship must be approved as 'CPT through the Academic Department'.
- You will obtain academic credit for your internship
- You are a PhD student who requires an internship to complete disertation research.
- Complete the CPT Through Academic Department Application.
- Our online application will require you to upload a job offer letter and to request a recommendation from you academic advisor
- Allow 10 business days processing time for the new I-20 authorizing CPT employment in the U.S.
To resume an incomplete ISSO Connect application or to check the status of other applications use the link below.
NinerNet Credential Login
All international students will be able to use their NinerNet Login Credentials to log into ISSOConnect
Please reset your password if needed to access your NinerNet Account. See Instructions for resetting your NinerNet Password.
Students on OPT will have their old account reactivated even if they have already graduated
Processing time notice: Please be advised that the ISSO serves nearly 2,000 enrolled international students, in addition to over 1,000 prospective students and students on OPT and STEM OPT. We appreciate your patience in allowing us process each student’s submission in a timely manner.