How to Complete a SEVIS Transfer Out / In

Any international student who wishes to transfer to another educational institution in the U.S. must be “released” from the current school within the 60 days following the end of the last semester attended, and complete the transfer process with the new school within the first 15 days of the start of the following semester. 

The ISSO will then “release” your SEVIS record to the new school and they will issue you a new I-20 / DS-2019. The student must choose 1 school only, and indicate it before being released from the current school. Below is the procedure for transferring to another school.

Transferring-Out of UNC Charlotte

To request the ISSO to transfer your SEVIS record to your new school, please click the link below to complete the SEVIS Transfer-Out Form.

SEVIS Transfer-Out Form 

Our online transfer-out application will require you to upload:

  • Proof of admission to your new university

  • Any additional SEVIS transfer forms your new university may require

Transfer-In to UNC Charlotte

If you are currently on an F-1 or J-1 visa at an institution in the U.S. and wish to transfer your SEVIS record to UNC Charlotte, you will need to complete the SEVIS Transfer-In form by clicking the link below.

SEVIS Transfer-In Form

Our online application will require you to request a recommendation from your old university asking them to confirm the date your SEVIS record will be sent to UNC Charlotte.

Be sure to communicate the correct transfer code to your current university:

  • ATL214F10291000 (for all F-1 undergraduates & most graduate programs except those listed below)

  • ATL214F10291001 for Master of Urban Design, Master of Math Finance, Master of Business Administration, Master of Economics, Master of Accountancy, and Graduate Certificate in Real Estate

  • P-1-04774 (for J-1 Students)

My ISSOConnect

To resume an incomplete ISSO Connect application or to check the status of other applications use the link below.


NinerNet Credential Login

  • All international students will be able to use their NinerNet Login Credentials to log into ISSOConnect

  • Please reset your password if needed to access your NinerNet Account. See Instructions for resetting your NinerNet Password.

  • Students on OPT will have their old account reactivated even if they have already graduated 

Processing time notice:  Please be advised that the ISSO serves nearly 2,000 enrolled international students, in addition to over 1,000 prospective students and students on OPT and STEM OPT. We appreciate your patience in allowing us process each student’s submission in a timely manner.