CONGRATULATIONS on your admission to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. We hope that you will take a few moments to explore some of the sites we have listed below to obtain more information regarding new International Undergraduate Students, new International Graduate Students and new Exchange Students.
Fall 2018 Orientation
Schedule of Events
Monday, August 13th anytime between 9:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday, August 14th anytime between 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Please bring:
- I-94 (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/)
Checklist of Things to Prepare Prior to your Arrival at UNC Charlotte:
- Pay your SEVIS fee https://www.fmjfee.com/index.html and schedule a visa interview www.travel.state.gov
- Make housing arrangements either on-campus https://housing.uncc.edu or off-campus https://offcampushousing.uncc.edu
- Get your immunizations done. Bring a copy with you, in English if possible. http://studenthealth.uncc.edu/content/immunizations
- Think about your required Health Insurance plan & either bring your own plan or purchase from UNC Charlotte. http://tinyurl.com/uncc-health
- Plan for your finances and payment of tuition and fees. http://studentaccounts.uncc.edu
- Also, check out the Frequently Asked Questions link below for information on wire transfer.
- Prepare for academic advising and registration upon arrival at UNC Charlotte. Bring transcripts from your home institution if necessary.
- Consider purchasing a Meal plan http://aux.uncc.edu/meal-plans
- Make your travel arrangements to arrive to the U.S. NO earlier than 30 days from the start date on your I-20.
And, read our Resources section below to help you prepare and arrive on campus!
We look forward to meeting you!
Tarek Elshayeb, Director Denise Medeiros, Associate Director
Dionna Wright, International Student & Scholar Advisor Amy Mabery, International Student & Scholar Advisor
Kadija Alkusaimi, Administrative Assistant Chau Tran, SEVIS Coordinator
Maddy Baer, International Scholar Advisor
- International Student Handbook
- Visa denial, visa delay and late arrival
- Enhancing Your English Language Proficiency
- Enhancing Your Academic Writing in English
- Overview of U.S. health care system
- Health Insurance
- Campus Map
- Payment Policy
- Near by Hotels
- What to Pack
- Printable Academic Calendar
- PPT: ISSO Services, important immigration and employment information
- PPT: Adjusting to a U.S. classroom
- PPT: Exchange Student Meeting
- PPT: On-Campus Employment: Tips and Suggestions for International Students
- PPT: My UNC Charlotte Online Demo
- Video: Mental Health Awareness for International Students
- Video: Study Abroad - Culture Shock
- Video: Consent - It's as Simple as Tea
- Video: About ISSO at UNC Charlotte
- Video: ISSO Check-in Video - Maintaining Legal Status