Get Face to FACE
The International Friendship & Culture Exchange Program (FACE) is an opportunity for American and International students to spend an hour together each week in interesting small group conversation; sharing the ideas, customs and concerns of their own respective countries.
- You will be notified by email with details of your first meeting
- You will be provided with a list of great cross cultural conversation starters
- You and your small group decide when to meet and what to talk about
Goals of Program
- Encourage open communication between and among international and U.S. American students
- Improve awareness and understanding of different cultures
- Provide international students at UNC Charlotte an opportunity to improve speaking skills and exposure to U.S. Culture
What did you enjoy most about FACE?
- “Getting to learn about a different culture, it’s one thing to read about something, but when you actually talk to and form a friendship with someone from that culture, you get more information.”
- “I like the fact that I get to learn about another person and their culture, up close and personal, without leaving campus!”
- “Actually, I thought it was going to be harder speaking English with someone who is learning the language, but it really wasn’t.”
How to apply
- Go to FACE online application DEADLINE: Septmber 8th, 2019.
- Fill out the interest form
- You are notified via your uncc.edu email account of the initial interest meeting where you will find your group
If you have any questions or would like additional information, contact ISSO at 704‑687‑7781 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Matching is done at the beginning of the Fall semester.